Can you find a constellation in the sky?

Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Friend

I have a friend...and I call him 'Ski's'
he's friendly and fresh but aims to please.
I've learned a lot from being his friend,
and can say I will be ALWAYS...no matter what 'til the end.

He's a pleasure and a joy as well as sometimes wild,
but again he is only a child.

He always means well as his heart shines right through...
though having 'Fragile X' must make everything harder to do.

It manifests in many ways,
leaving most perplexed on any given day.
To explain...the symptoms can vary and range,
from total dysfunction to autistic in name.

We have our own lingo and speed if you will...
from my whistle, to his plants...
there's always something to discuss usually the weather he reports with great skill.

No comments: