Can you find a constellation in the sky?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Red Rover


Meet the Red Rover! He is my regular neighborhood cardinal.
I believe this is the same bird I have been noticing for a few years; but only recently have I noticed how much.

I have been noticing more and more the birds in my area. Considering that I am home so much and looking out my front or back window I have been wondering what all the different birds are up to.

This particular Cardinal sits in the tree on the back or on the electric wire in the front and chirps, chirps, chirps! Sometimes I mimick him and he gets confused and does it back, I guess thinking it's a female cardinal. I hope that's not mean?!? Wouldn't want him to think he's gettin' a date and it's only ME!

But then...there are the other birds. We have some endangered Egretts that live in the protected marsh lands at the end of the road but you never see them. They must hang by the nest.

Then there are the WILD PARROTS! Boy are they WILD!

Apparently, there was a truck accicdent on I-95 back in the 80's and these parrots got loose from their cages after the accident. They have since adapted to the Connecticut climate and have remained here ever since; even throughout the winter.

They have made headline news in recent years for making HUGE nests on utility poles (usually Electric poles...probably because the converter is so warm) that they have caused black outs, excessive squawking noise and basically more than a nusience due to their multiplication.

We have an Evergreen tree on the street behind us and it is filled with these wild green parrots.

They are aggressive, chase other birds out of the area and as stated multiply like wild fire.

They zip around at top speed in the morning 7-9 and then they disappear for the rest of the day?! Where are they?

The black birds are out same time 7-9 then dwindle off around 10 and are all sitting in the same big tree at twelve totally still. Napping? And then...they disappear again until about 4-6 and then gone again. Where? What? Why? What are these birds doing?

There are some more bird observations I've made that are quite interesting and will be passed on tomorrow. I'm sure once I google 'BIRDS' I'll get my answer but for now...I continue to watch and wonder!

No comments: